Spray Foam Air/Moisture Barrier Systems
Air Barriers control the unintended movement of air into and out of a building enclosure. Spray Foam systems provide the highest level of thermal insulation and provides a monolithic, fully sealed air and moisture barrier. Its spray applied installation process speeds construction and reduces labor costs substantially (estimated up to $1/square foot).
- Conforms to irregular shapes (masonry anchors)
- Strengthens the building structure*
- Cost efficient (est. $2.50/ SqFt vs. $3.50/ SqFt standard air barrier system)
- Thermal Barrier – R-7/ inch
- Energy efficient*
Estimate air leakage deduction by up to 83%
Reduce gas bills by more than 40 percent
Reduces electrical consumption in excess of 25 percent
- Increased air quality due to lack of air infiltration, reduced allergens and pollens entering the building*
- Qualified LEED Certification credits as a green building product*
Spray Polyurethane Foam System
2 inches (R-14) estimated cost of labor and materials - $2.50/square foot
Standard Air Barrier System
2 inches Rigid Board Insulation (R-10) and liquid applied air barrier estimated cost of labor and materials - $3.50/square foot
* According to simulations by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) of typical buildings without air barriers:
* 18 Page Honeywell® whitepaper Air Barriers in Building Construction: Understanding Costs, Meeting Performance Standards and Exceeding Codes:
Why Choose Us?
I have worked with built-up asphalt, single-ply and SPF roofing. SPF is far superior to other roofing systems.... Robert T. Stetson, P.E.